Droid App - Wrote my Own

Currently, the vast majority of users are using 2.1 and above. In fact, most of the users are using 2.2 and above.
Unfortunately, it is just me doing the programming and I have to write for the platform most people are using.

I'm sure the waterproof phones will be on the market at some point. They'll figure out how to make a "tough" one for those who need it... lifeguards, fishermen, etc.

I just bought a waterproof camera that I Love! Takes beautiful pictures... and so far so good- not one problem with it.

Just curious...where is the data we enter stored...on the phone?

It is stored in an SQLite database on the phone.
SQLite is the defacto standard for databases on Android products.
If you are you asking for a physical location, I don't know.
I have not rooted my phone, nor have I done any research as to how Android physically stores app data.

-Ken-

kenmar said:
Currently, the vast majority of users are using 2.1 and above. In fact, most of the users are using 2.2 and above.
Unfortunately, it is just me doing the programming and I have to write for the platform most people are using.

Not a problem - I thought you may have an older version that was 1.6 compatible.

When you jump on the bandwagon early, you get left behind quickly. It's just hard downgrading hardware (not many 5" tablets with GPS) to get access to the newer software.

I just installed your app today and it Looks really good, but it says it will expire on 8/1/2011 that's next Monday. What happens then - does the program just quit working?

Check the Android Marketplace for an update, there should be a newer version out there.
The newer version expires on 9/1/2011.

If the app expires, it just won't launch.
Even if it expires, you will not lose data.
Simply download the latest version to extend the expiration date.

The primary reason I have the expiration date is to ensure that people are using a recent version of the app while it is still in beta.

-Ken-

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Where am I going wrong... when I enter my numbers into simple pool I get 1 set of recommendations, but the same numbers entered into the pool calculator give me a slightly higher set of recommendations..... AGP, vinyl, bleach with the trouble free pool goals, volume 7600 gal. For example SP suggest adding 63oz (6%) bleach to get my fc up from 2 - poocal suggests 79 oz bleach (6%). Bigger difference with PH ... SP suggests adding 15 oz weight of borax to go from 7.2 to 7.6 - poocal suggests 24oz Borax. ?

Pretty cool app, thanks for putting it out there!

A few suggestions:
-Bromine! I use bromine in the indoor pools at our resort and would like to see that added to the chlorination methods, etc.
-Another vote for multiple pools/spas. I'm practically forced to use other apps until this is implemented, as I look after four.
-Bigger home screen buttons, but I figure you're probably waiting to get the mechanics where you want them before updating it cosmetically.
-On a couple of the other pool apps they've got an inventory feature (that usually isn't detailed enough), I'd love to see that implemented into this (with more chemicals)
-A table of results, like mfinta said a few posts back. This would be very handy to look at on the fly, as opposed to having to go through them individually or look at the graph. Until I looked on the FAQ on your website I didn't know you could even view past logs. Glad I found that.
-Under 'Advice', somehow include unit of measurement conversions. For example; "Add 16oz./1 pound of Calcium Chloride", or have a button to convert them if needed, as seen in another app.
-An added 'Pump Pressure' and 'Flow Rate' field on the 'Measure' screen would be great, reserving the note section for maintenance stuff, etc.
-Incorporate use of Sodium Thiosulfate to neutralize chlorine. It's rarely used chemical, but we've had to use it and I would like to have that added to the 'Adjust'/'Advice' sections.
-I wanted to see what it recommended if your TC was too high. I set my max in 'Defaults' to 5ppm and entered my test TC as 34ppm and it still stated that it was in acceptable range.

Other than that, this one's already better than the pay ones out there. Can't wait to play around with a new version!

Thanks so much for the complements. It real does mean a lot. Even though it may seem like not much has changed with the app recently, trust me that I am working hard to get the next version out. I am making big changes to the graphing module and it is taking a LOT longer then I had anticipated.

Again, thanks for the suggestions and kind words.

-Ken-

Where am I going wrong... when I enter my numbers into simple pool I get 1 set of recommendations, but the same numbers entered into the pool calculator give me a slightly higher set of recommendations..... AGP, vinyl, bleach with the trouble free pool goals, volume 7600 gal. For example SP suggest adding 63oz (6%) bleach to get my fc up from 2 - poocal suggests 79 oz bleach (6%). Bigger difference with PH ... SP suggests adding 15 oz weight of borax to go from 7.2 to 7.6 - poocal suggests 24oz Borax. ?

I cant seem to reproduce your numbers.
Can you look at the screen shot below and see if I configured something wrong?

Attachments

• Untitled 2.jpg
    Untitled 2.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 58
OK Folks,

I just uploaded a new version of SimplePool.
The changes include:

Bug Fix: Effect of adding cya incorrectly stated pH would rise when in fact it would fall.
Bug Fix: Fixed crash when choosing a date in October from graph screen.
New: The chemical effects of adjustments are saved and can be graphed. Note that previous versions of this app did not save the effects of your adjustments. You will have to open and resave your existing adjustments in this version if you want to see that data on a graph.
New: The last chemical and UOM are saved when you return to the Adjustment screen.
New: The colors of the chart items have changed slightly
New: Graphs - The last measurement taken will be assumed to be valid. This eliminates the “saw tooth” graphs when you don’t measure every level during every session.
Bug: Fixed formatting bug of date/time when editing measurements/adjustments
Change: Backing out of chart screen takes you to charting options (instead of main screen.)
New: Confirmation mesage box when you delete a record.
New: message that record has been saved (no user action required)
New: Data chosen from graph screen can now be view in a table.
New: When recording levels, the user input is validated for reasonableness.

Please check it out if you have time.

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

-Ken-

Thanks!

My copy crashes when I try to make the graph with the start date equal to the first test date - I think that is the condition.

I suggest you include some level goals for common special situations.

Example: Trying to get TA to a particular level.

I am trying to lower my TA so my pH is 7.1 and my TA 110 and it will say to add soda ash to bring the pH up to 7.4 AND add acid to bring pH to 7.5 and aerate.

Is there a pool calculator to just calculate how much to add to a pool to get to a desired level regardless of test results?

What does total dissolved solids mean when there is salt at 3400 ppm? Leslie's only tests to 2500 ppm.

Future options to consider in the next version.

1. Cost tracker. Enter your cost of your chemicals and keep track of what is added so you know how much you are spending on various chemicals per month or whatever.

2. Tie in to Google Shopper or Amazon to show you the best local or internet prices on the chemicals you are using.

3. Link to TapaTalk and troublefreepool.com

4. Button to take a picture with the camera and store it with data. Document that algae for all time!

5. Sudoko game button. ... Just kidding.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.