Howdy from Texas!

Nice to meet ya!! :-D You'll have lots of fun looking around and learning before you start the pool, and be way ahead of the game. That's what I did before we build our pool and it helped tremendously. Lots of pool builds here, and we'll be around excited to watch you get started and help in any way we can. This place rocks!! :whoot: Welcome!

Thanks alot! We are really excited to get started.We have talked to several people with various types of pools and think we have decided on a gunite salt water pool without a spa, but want some sort of water feature to get the relaxing ambience we want. Still not sure of the shape or size as we dont have the house plans nailed down for the lot we bought.We are meeting with the home builder next week, so we will be making a lot of decisions very soon. First question I have is the pebble tech upgrade worth the money?

The Pebbletec was definitely worth it to us. We chose Pebblesheen...easier on the feet. No regrets. We use our spa more than the pool. Extends the use of the pool, especially here in Texas...we even get in some in the winter. Awesome to go get into a spa after Thanksgiving dinner or for New Years!! :mrgreen: :party: Our friend's kids love the thing, too and it surprised us a lot. We have a large spa - 8' - with lots of jets and it's really my relax place. Good luck on designing your new place!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Decisions, decisions... we thought we were set on a salt water pool, but we met with our first pool builder last night and he was really trying to steer us away from salt and towards sodium tetraborate and a lower chlorine content. He claims it would save us money in the long run, and we would like the water quality better. Do his statements hold water?

rohantmh said:
Decisions, decisions... we thought we were set on a salt water pool, but we met with our first pool builder last night and he was really trying to steer us away from salt and towards sodium tetraborate and a lower chlorine content. He claims it would save us money in the long run, and we would like the water quality better. Do his statements hold water?

Did you get a chance to contact the people I posted above?

rohantmh said:

You can learn a lot about Borate in pools here on the forum. I'll leave it to others to discuss the differences, I don't have either.