Aqua Trol Help

Jun 30, 2011
Hello,
I have a question, my salt level in the pool was way off from the Aqua trol reading so I decided to try and reset the unit (if I did it right). Now my unit is saying it's 1500 and the (-) reading is (0).

1) How do I properly reset the unit?
2) How long does it take for the unit to calibrate to the right salt level reading?
3) Is there anyway of manually in putting the current salt level reading into the unit?

This is a new set-up for this season and it is only a week old.

Can someone please help....
Thanks again Andy

Water parameters are all in check according to my last water test from the pool place yesterday.

Welcome to TFP!

It can take up to 24 hours for the salt reading to settle down. It can also take 24 hours with the pump running for salt to throughly mix into the pool, for a total of 48 hours before you can be really sure.

In most cases the SWG has a more accurate salt level reading than anything you might be trying to calibrate it to.

There is no way to "calibrate" the salt reading. You can reset the running average, but after 24 hours it will be back to what it was before (assuming the water doesn't change).

Hi and thanks for the welcome,
Do you suggest running the unit in auto mode or should I place the switch to off position.
I tried calling Hayward but they r closed on the weekend so I'll have to wait till monday to get more details on the unit, it's to bad the manual wasn't a little more in depth with the functionality of the unit.
Current reading is 1500 / - 0.

At this point me resetting the unit was either a good idea or a bad one and wether or not if I even did it right... :(

thanks Andy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.