How to find a small leak in my liner

I have a leak in my Intex liner and I am sure it is on the bottom somewhere. The funny thing is, the one spot I thought would leak isn't and the area that I am sure the leak is in is completely smooth with NO protrusions! I hate having to add water every few days because of the leak. I can understand to evaporation in this darn Texas heat but not to a pesky leak.
My question is, I have no clue where the leak is, other than it is on one side of the pool and it is damp from one support to another one 5 posts away, so it is a large area. I lose about 1" of water every 2 days or so. How can I find this leak? Is there anything I can put in the water (dye) etc that would help or am I just out of luck?
Also, I've read about people patching their pool with water in it, what is the deal with that? Is it a patch I can buy at my local pool store?
Thanks for your help.

The leak sounds like it might be evaporation. put a 5 gal bucket right beside your pool or on the steps is best. If the bucket water and the pool water recede at the same rate, it's only evaporation.

Prove to yourself first you really have a leak.

I saw something about using a dye solution or ph testing solution. I would think you would have to have to pool calm, then put in the solution close to where you have the damp yard and watch. Sounds like to great day of fun. :)

I tried the "food coloring" thing and it didn't work but what a local store suggested that I do was to get in the general area I thought the leak was in... in your case near the wet area... and walk around the pool feeling the sand below the liner with your feet. When you find an area where the sand is kinda washed out (you'll feel the difference) then you've found your leak. Worked for me and we patched it with a kit from Wally world!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.