Foreclosed pool.

Toneay

Jul 8, 2011
Hi and thank you for taking the time to create this forum, the information is priceless.

I bought this home that has the green swamp symptom I going to attack this challenge and bring it back to sparkling clear(with all the info readed here). I can be around the pool the first two weeks while we work on the house maybe 3. After that I might only be coming to the house once a week to check that every thing is alright. After reading I see you have to add chlorine every other day if everything else is in check. I was wondering how the PG does it if he only comes once a week? I don't want to use pucks because of the CYA, but do i have other options?

That actually depends on how much cya is in the pool already. You will need to get test results before you will know for sure.
There hav been more than a few foreclosed swamps here that came with high cya levels needing to be partly drained to lower it.
Best first move, get a good test kit. And then buy a whole lot of bleach. Post pics, we love watching swamps turn sparkly!

If you're in a hurry. Try http://www.poolsupplies.com/cgi-bin...e&gdftrk=gdfV2589_a_7c692_a_7c2675_a_7c201110 I swear by the stuff. There are two different size bottles, one for 15,000 gallon pools and one for 30,000.

I take care of a pool and the guy that owns the house next door was fighting a black lagoon like crazy. He had guest checking in to his condo on Saturday and asked me Tuesday if I could clear it up for him (after I had watched him battle it for 4 weeks) I mostly deal with commericial pools and double the dosage of most chemicals because of the 60+ people that swim in most of my pools daily. CYA was at 50. That same day, Tuesday, I shut the pump off, nuked the pool with 10 gallons of liq Chlorine and hooked the Revive to a garden hose & started spraying. Let set for 48 hours, vacuumed to waste. Friday at noon you could read a dime in the deep in & tell if it was on heads or tails.

It's a genie in a bottle, removes all phosphates, metals (including copper), any organics & nitrates.

Yes, the test kit is on his way and will definitely post pictures.

Wow, that Revive stuff looks like a miracle worker and a money saver. Also you had a the good range of CYA, if mine is to high when I test it I might need to drain/refill to lower it before starting anything. After you waited 48hr with pump off and then vacuum to waste when did you start testing the water for any other adjusment needed?

Thank you guys your knowledge is appreciate.

AquaDoctorLLC said:
If you're in a hurry. Try http://www.poolsupplies.com/cgi-bin...e&gdftrk=gdfV2589_a_7c692_a_7c2675_a_7c201110 I swear by the stuff. There are two different size bottles, one for 15,000 gallon pools and one for 30,000.

I take care of a pool and the guy that owns the house next door was fighting a black lagoon like crazy. He had guest checking in to his condo on Saturday and asked me Tuesday if I could clear it up for him (after I had watched him battle it for 4 weeks) I mostly deal with commericial pools and double the dosage of most chemicals because of the 60+ people that swim in most of my pools daily. CYA was at 50. That same day, Tuesday, I shut the pump off, nuked the pool with 10 gallons of liq Chlorine and hooked the Revive to a garden hose & started spraying. Let set for 48 hours, vacuumed to waste. Friday at noon you could read a dime in the deep in & tell if it was on heads or tails.

It's a genie in a bottle, removes all phosphates, metals (including copper), any organics & nitrates.
You've only used it the one time, or had good luck several times?

I'm always a bit skeptical about these miracle cures....seems like if it worked that good, I'd have read something else about it here. I looked up the MSDS...bacteria and enzymes. Then I googled the CAS number, whatever that stands for, and got several hits including something to break down manure. Maybe it's just that septic tank helper repackaged! I'd be curious to see how bacteria and enzymes remove metals.

At least you're not advocating Permasalt.

I can't find an msds on the revive product and we're all about not putting things in your pool that you don't know what is or what it does.

It surely doesn't remove ALL phosphates or metals so that's bogus. It probably doesn't actually remove any metals. If it does anything it probably just sequesters them.

Bama Rambler said:
I can't find an msds on the revive product and we're all about not putting things in your pool that you don't know what is or what it does.

It surely doesn't remove ALL phosphates or metals so that's bogus. It probably doesn't actually remove any metals. If it does anything it probably just sequesters them.
http://www.sepro.com/documents/Revive_MSDS.pdf

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Richard320 said:
AquaDoctorLLC said:

You've only used it the one time, or had good luck several times?

I'm always a bit skeptical about these miracle cures....seems like if it worked that good, I'd have read something else about it here. I looked up the MSDS...bacteria and enzymes. Then I googled the CAS number, whatever that stands for, and got several hits including something to break down manure. Maybe it's just that septic tank helper repackaged! I'd be curious to see how bacteria and enzymes remove metals.

At least you're not advocating Permasalt.

He swears by this product, so I'm guessing is not his first time.

Toneay said:
Yes, the test kit is on his way and will definitely post pictures.

Wow, that Revive stuff looks like a miracle worker and a money saver. Also you had a the good range of CYA, if mine is to high when I test it I might need to drain/refill to lower it before starting anything. After you waited 48hr with pump off and then vacuum to waste when did you start testing the water for any other adjusment needed?

Thank you guys your knowledge is appreciate.

The only thing I had to add afterwards was a little more shock.

No it's not the 1st time I've used it in more then a dozen pools. I know the stuff works. Yes it does remove metals and most not all the phosphates. Went from 2100ppm to 200ppm. So I'd say it is effective.

You have to vacuum to waste SLOWLY. It almost looks like cotton candy on the bottom of the pool. Well brownish tan beige cotton candy.

I was thinking on investing on a small battery manual vacuum(like a pool blaster) so that all that waste wont go to the cartridge filter. Also thinking on the future. Might get some more houses with swampy pools. What are your thought on this? Or should I just get a standard vacuum hose and standard vacuum head?

Vac head & pole. I have both and a power vac too. But I clean 10-12 per day.

Pop the top on your favorite beverage and watch the sun set as you vacuum away. The clean your cartridge filter. Welcome to pool ownership.

Landscapers have the worse yards, mechanics drive the worse vehicles and pool men don't own pools. The last thing I want to do when I come home from cleaning 60 a week, is clean my own.

Have you got a leaf rake? Start with that to clean solids out of the pool. Mine has a hard, dust pan like edge which seems to help scooping. Depending on enzymes or even chlorine to dissolve solids is not realistic. Once all trash is clear, the vac its worth using. It cannot do well with sticks and such, but is good for bits too small for nets.
I would never add sludge cleaning enzymes to a swimming pool, I'd remove the sludge. Then work on clarity with chlorine and filtration. Vacuuming often, to waste if possible, to see what was missed before. Often as water clears there will be a chunk of stuff found in a corner or something.
If you read through posts in this forum you will find scores of pools cleaned this way.
I do suggest that you keep good notes of what you added to the pool, it is wise to keep track.

Ok, guys I started today this adventure.
CYA=0
PH=8.0
[attachment=1:3rwcsh1a]photo_2.JPG[/attachment:3rwcsh1a]

I adjust PH to7.4 prepare the sock with CYA shooting for 30. Wait for 30min.
Shock the pool to 12 and brush away and remove all the debri I could with the leave rake wich was allot.
This is how it looks after 1.5hr. I test again and FC was 10.5 shock again to 12.
[attachment=0:3rwcsh1a]photo_13.JPG[/attachment:3rwcsh1a]

I had to leave but will test again in about 3hr and shock accordantly.

Attachments

• photo_2.JPG
    photo_2.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 341
  • photo_13.JPG
    photo_13.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 341

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.