Foreclosed pool.

Wow, that is amazing for such a short time. I would have guessed that you had a DE filter not a Clean and Clear. Did you put in new cartridges? They must need cleaning soon to have taken that junk out of the water. Bravo for you.

So, did you use the Revive? If not, then perhaps the credit that AquaDoc was giving to that stuff was really due to his own hard work at clearing the debris from the pool and shocking as required.

anonapersona said:
Wow, that is amazing for such a short time. I would have guessed that you had a DE filter not a Clean and Clear. Did you put in new cartridges? They must need cleaning soon to have taken that junk out of the water. Bravo for you.

So, did you use the Revive? If not, then perhaps the credit that AquaDoc was giving to that stuff was really due to his own hard work at clearing the debris from the pool and shocking as required.

Yes, I did install a new filter and already clean it twice.

Didn't get a chance to order Revive because that means I will have to wait a 3 or 4 days more to start, but haven't scratch it out of the list for future swamps.

Thank you for the support.

Went 3hrs later, test and had FC=2. Shock, brush and remove more organic/debri wich I thought I finish with but there is a world down there.
A picture of the debri looks like a mixture of dead green,mustard algea and leaves.
[attachment=0:1qh0q8tl]photo_15.JPG[/attachment:1qh0q8tl]

Test an hour later and it went down do 11 so I brought up again.
I had to leave until tomorrow and is going to be raining all night so will see what tomorrow brings.

I have a question about the CYA, it doesn't looks like is dissolving it was hard as a rock. I started to mess with it until it had a more soft felling. Do I need to be concern about it or just let it be.

Attachments

• photo_15.JPG
    photo_15.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 129
After 18hrs and a rainy night found the pool at FC=1ppm. Clean filter, brush and rake wich is becoming a pain in my back, got allot of debri out and could see the rake at the shallow end. Shock again. Test at 1.5hr later and still at 12ppm. Squish sock!!!

This morning test reveal the pool only lost 2ppm of the shock level overnight, uff getting somewhere.

I have a question about the skimmer basket. Every hour or so I found the basket floating instead of sited in the skimmer I shake it and is full of bubbles and then goes down by itself. Do this mean I have a kind of leak wich is putting air into the skimmer basket?
Thanks!!

Once the debris is all out of the pool, you'll see better/faster results from the shocking. Anything organic (carbon based living things, plants, people droppings, algae, etc.) in the pool will decompose, and chlorine is used up attacking the decomposition.

With organics (debris) in the pool, you're kinda running in circles battling the decomposition w/the chlorine. The pool will require less chlorine once it's all gone. I don't envy you the task of clearing it out at all. What a PITA. But you'll be happier w/the results once it's out of there.

The image is a little confusing... is there grass growing in your pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not sure about the bubbles in the skimmer basket. Not likely leak. More likely plastic that floats like mine do. I put a nice river rock (edit - swype is cool but must proofread) in the basket to keep out in place when pump is off.

Bravo on the raking. A bad as that is, can you imagine how long you'd have to shock to liquify that stuff?

I was thinking of putting something in there too. I notice the bubbles start forming when the pump loose its prime because of the many hair lines cracks on the lid. I know, :hammer: needs replacing already on it's way. So maybe when I replace the lid the problem will be solved.

The amount of debri is amazing and your right it would be harder for the chlorine if all of that was in there still.

Frogabog the picture shows the debri on the ground.

Here is a picture of the progress not clear yet but making progress.
[attachment=0:3tav5te5]photo_28 (2).jpg[/attachment:3tav5te5]

Attachments

• photo_28 (2).jpg
    photo_28 (2).jpg
    141 KB · Views: 67
Frogabog honest mistake. :goodjob:

I want to kow if it wise to test CYA now to see if it went to 30ppm and I'm shoking the pool right. I read it could take up tu a week to see the CYA on the test. Can someone school me?
Thanks

Well, good news and bad news!!! Finally we can see the bottom in the deep end. Yeah!!! :lol: but
I found a piece of a chain in the bottom which means there are a couple of rust stains in the plaster. :evil: :evil:
Now how do address this and do I wait until the shocking process is over???

I suggest you wait til done shocking to address the stain.

Then later you can put some crushed cheap vitamin C tablets in a sock and put it on the stain.

If someone has a better idea, they'll be around soon.

Glad you can see the deep end! :goodjob:

p.s. You might also try a pumice stone on the stain esp if it is small.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.