Hayward vary-flow xl valve sp0714T1 replacement gasket

dbugg

Jul 6, 2011
Hello fellow pool owners,
My question involves the Hayward Vari-Flo XL Valve model SP0714T1.
I want to replace the spider gasket, my local Leslie Pool Supply store tells me I have to replace the entire gasket assembly. I have looked on line and see the different gaskets for other models by Hayward but not the 714T1. Anyone run into this or have any suggestions of a web site that may infact carry this particular gasket. This is a fairly new sand filter unit it was replaced last year, but I have lost suction from the inlet side. When the Barricuda is attached we have to turn off the skimmer in order to have sufficient suction to run the cleaner. The entire pump was replaced this year, we have gained some suction, but not enough to run both. No leaks are detected at any of the pluming. The gasket has been lubed on the pump skimmer cover. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
DBugg

Loss of suction

I have a Hayward sand filter and 1.5 HP pump with the Vari Flow valve, in line chlorinator. I recently noticed that my Zodiac Barracuda cleaner has stopped moving. I have checked the parts internally and have replaced the diaphragm. It will run for about 5 min and the pump seems to have a loss of suction to run it properly. I have turned off the skimmer valve completely. When I backwash the cleaner runs like mad, once it is switched back to filtration it will run about 4-5 min. I have replaced the spider gasket on the filter, I replaced the gasket on the skimmer basket at the pump, I replaced the gasket on the in line chlorinator lid. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You DBugg

When I back wash the pump basket fills completely. When I return to filter setting, air is introduced. The pump basket also fills completely if I have the skimmer valve open. I will need to check for air when the cleaner isn't hooked up.

DBugg

You have an air leak that is exacerbated when you hook up the vacuum. However, by putting the filter in backwash (and probably recirc) increases the suction head and consequently seals off the leak. Try running water over the fittings while it's leaking and check to see if it lessens or stops.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.