somewhat stupid question about a liner

Diver

May 5, 2011
South of Boston
I've read on this forum about vinyl liner thickness being 20-28 mm. Looking at the top part of the liner in my pool (i'm currently in the process of putting some of it back into tracks), the thickness is only about 4 mm! I can't really imagine vinyl liner being 20 or 28 mm! 28 mm is more then an inch thick! A wrinkle on the bottom of my pool also confirms that the actual vinyl part is much thinner than 20-28mm.

Which makes me believe that it must be the actual liner and possibly padding behind that should make up to 20-28 mm. Am I right? Or do I have somehow a liner that 5 times thinner than anybody else's?

waste said:
Also beware that some liners are 'gauged' - the gauge they use is a good bit less than a mil - so a 20 gauge liner is a good bit thinner than a 20 mil liner :x

yes, i read on this forum about gauge-ing :) it might've been your post.

Dave,

Does you company work in southern Mass by any chance?

Ted, with the price my pool stores want to charge me to buy local and get local support for a whole suite of pool equipment, it would easily be cheaper, more fun, and way more educational to fly you to Nebraska to set up my equipment and teach me how to use it and winterize it. So, just what is "a little traveling?" :|
Wishful thinking, I know!

Diver said:
oops, i meant "Ted', not "Dave". sorry!

You should hear the other names I respond to :lol: (my neighbor still thinks that I'm the same guy who lived here 2 years ago and always shouts out "LUKE" when he sees me, even though I usually have my "Ted" name tag on after work :oops:

crek31- a 'little traveling' is what I can do on my days off, and still report to work when I'm scheduled. :) "TrusTed" pool service is still a dream, but I'm always willing to help folks with their pools :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.