How do I measure high amts of FC?

Jul 8, 2011
I have the Taylor K-1004 kit. I am dealing with a cloudy slightly greenish pool. I have started the shock process(with bleach), but don't know how to measure the FC/TC levels. My kit only measures up to 5, and the amount is way past that in color!

I am a total newbie to this. First pool, had it up since the first week in June. So far it was fine, but then it has been used and abused by all the neighbor kids day after day.

Get a better test kit, take it to the pool store repeatedly, or get a rough estimation by diluting the sample with tap water. Do you know your CYA level so that you know your shock FC?

I would order a better kit (I have the Taylor K-2006) and while waiting for it to come in, I would dilute my pool water with tap water. Probably 1/3 pool water to 2/3 tap water and mulitply your results by 3. Not very accurate, but might work as a crutch until your kit comes in.

I was afraid of that. I won't be able to get to the pool store till tomorrow. So in the meantime here is what I got when I did the multiply by 3 method.
FC- 9
TC- 15 (maybe slightly less)
CC- 6

Does this mean I need to add more bleach?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.