Hello from Oklahoma!

Jun 21, 2011
Tecumseh, OK
Hello all! :wave: Great site here. Came across it about two weeks ago and glad I did. Anywho I am not new to pool ownership as I've had several through out my life. My first pool was a 24'abg that we had for around 10 yrs. When it came time for me to go out on my own my parents took it down and sold it as I was the one who maintained it (learned a lot from that experience) From there I had a 16' intex metal frame that was in service for 6 yrs. And most recently upgraded this year to a bigger one ( more on that some other time). What I wanted to comment on tho was the whole BBB method. Believe it or not it was actually our pool store that recommended using bleach and baking soda when adjusting the pH. On about the 8th yr of the of the big pool the cya was through the roof and being on a well we didn't want to partially drain and refill (bad drought years) so they said use bleach and over time through refills it wood go down. I guess after many years of the same water and the puck tabs it literally shot the cya into the stratosphere! :shock: since then and on the intex I used it a lot only using the pucks if I was away and now have a swg. Sorry for the long intro but I had to share the bleach part :-D

Thanks! Been reading and learning a lot more that I ever thought I needed to know but since the pool is sparkely I'm not complaining! :) the new Pool for this year is an 18' proPool we got from SAMs club. I'd post pics but can't seem to do that from my iPhone??? It comes with a thru wall skimmer which I liked about the pool over the intex over wall design but the same oval style frame as the ultra frames. It's made for a cartridge filter but I bought the intex sand filter and upgraded the pump to a 1hp one. I use the cartridges still because they trap the hair and fine sediment before it hits the pump basket or the same filter. It goes down inside the bottom of the skimmer and the skimmer basket sits on top of it forcing water to be pulled through the cartridge :) double filtration!! Lol my only gripe is the return opening is about 3" below the max waterline on the skimmer opening so when the water is half way up the skimmer opening the eyeball is almost out of the water! What's up with that? :? The swg is too cool to see the white chlorine cloud being made and blasted into the pool. Hehehe I'm obsessed with this clean pool now!! Lol