Water fill- Leveler (Levolor) question

DaveAZ

Jul 8, 2011
My pool was not built with an automatic leveler. After a decade of running the hose I decided to invest in a retrofit automatic leveler. I bought a new Jandy Levolor II controller on ebay, but it came without the sensor/wire.

I don't have a standpipe, so the sensor will be located in the skimmer. I have heard that their sensor is the weak link in their design. Their sensor is normally open and comes with (2)18-gauge wire. It has two probes that touch the water when the level is reached. When the water level drops, the circuit opens and the unit turns on. It operates as a primitive conductive sensor.

Has anyone substituted a different sensor instead of the one supplied? The price of their sensor is extreme for what it is. ($100.00 shipped.) I can actually buy an ultrasonic sensor for less, but I'm not sure how I would wire it into the controller.

Any suggestions or advice?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.