Persistant "dirty" pool.

X-PertPool

TFP Expert
In The Industry
Jun 12, 2009
Exeter, PA
There is a customer that for the past couple years has been complaining about her pool constantly having a fine grayish dust on the bottom of the pool. It's not present when the cover is removed for the opening ( we do vacuum on prior to closing ). But after she has the pool running the dust comes back (and quickly comes back after she vacuums with a battery operated vacuum . I've collected some of the material and stuck it in a glass of bleach and nothing happened. It stayed the same color and didn't break down. I've racked my mind trying to think of what it can be. I thought it could be outside contamination like pollen (it's an above ground pool with no trees real near by) I thought about maybe the pool ladder having a brick weight that could be breaking down over the years and leaking out. The only thing about that pool that is different from the others I service is the type of chemical she uses. I forget the brand name of the product. But I know it's calcium hypochlorite in a disposable plastic tablet device. Could this be a problem with calcium precipitation? If it is this, do I just tell her to switch to bleach and see if the problem goes away? Or is there another way to test for this or to reduce the precipitation quickly?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.