Hello From NJ

Jul 6, 2011
Kenilworth, NJ
hello all. newbie on pools and new to this site. excellent site with lots of info. but im so new and lost. just got my intex pool filled, added the salt, circulated for 24 hrs. turned on the salt water generator today and add the cyranic acid as per the intex instructions . my question is, what do i do next. when do i start taking readings, and when can i swim.
any help will be apreciated.

danny

Butterfly said:
Welcome to the forum :wave:

The fav test kit around here is the TF100 sold by duraleigh (site owner) at http://www.TFTestKits.Net.
Best bang for the buck and excellent service :goodjob:

If you post a set of test results, we can help you get started.

Ditto...more expensive than the typical test strips..yes. The amount of money it will save you knowing your exact chemical levels and how to adjust them vs. getting pool stored with $200 in chemicals that will do nothing, priceless.

The TF100 is best bang for your buck and his customer service is 2nd to none. Forum Lifetime membership also qualifies you for a discount on the kit.

hey all, well i finally bought a cheap test kit from walmart till i order one from the internet this weekend. these are the results i got.

CL .5
PH 7.5
Alkalinity 50
Hardness 50
Copper Ion 0

I am running another boost cycle on my intex saltwater per the instructions to try and get the level up to 0.1 to 0.2. with the levels im getting, can i use the pool tomorrow?

danny

Welcome to another Garden Stater! (I grew up in Tenafly, N.J.)

Use bleach to get your chlorine up initially - don't 'stress' the cell - it's great for maintaining the chlorine, but 6% unscented bleach adds the chlorine less expensively :wink: (you can use the pool calc in my sig to figure out dosage)

I figure your pool is ~ 6600 gallons - 3/4 gallons of 6% bleach should get you to swimmable within an hour. (I don't know your CYA level - and can't assume you have any or enough for a SWCG pool - that's why you need one of the good test kits) :cool: