fc is steady at 2ppm

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
I have a salt water gen. and fc is steady a 2ppm and cc is .5ppm. Is this too low. salt water gen is at 100 % and I run filter 12 hrs a day.

Not sure right now of cya because I just put in 4 lbs a few days ago. It was about 45 last reading.

Not high enough. You need to plug your numbers into the pool calculator to see where you need to be w/a cya of 45. Check your cya levels again a week after you dosed it because it doesn't always show right away.

Also.. w/CC of .5, I would recommend staying on the higher side of your chlorine recommendations to keep any algae from getting hold... just my 2 cents.

WIth CYA at 45 and a SWG, and FC level is 2 is just enough. But that doesn't leave you with any margin in case of problems.

If you raise your CYA level to between 70 and 80 the SWG will have a much easier time keeping up. Your recent addition should bring you to somewhere around 70, so presumably things will start improving soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.