Pentair IntelliChlor IC15 Cell - 520888

skos

Aug 17, 2010
Pentair IntelliChlor IC15 Cell - 520888

Looking for a verdict on this salt system. Anyone know anything about it? Pro’s or Con’s?

Does it work well? Is it reliable?

It depends on where you live and how long you typically run the pump. If you live somewhere very sunny and/or very hot and don't have a longer than average pump run time you will probably need something larger.

If you live somewhere less sunny and cooler, that unit will work, but we recommend getting something larger, ideally between two and three times as large as what you really need.

Ok, just so I am clear. I live in Dallas TX. My pump runs 9hrs a day. So the 15K salt system would be to small? I should go up to a 24K? Would that not be too big?

Thanks in advance for your help

In TX with a 9 hour run time, the IC-15 would not be enough to keep up on the hottest days or if you had several people swimming.

Larger is better (up to a point). A 24K unit will work in your pool. However, I recommend getting a system that is designed for a pool between 28K and 40K gallons. The larger unit will be able to keep up easily, will laster longer, and will cost less in the long run (because it lasts longer).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.