New to AGP, please help:(

snyder5

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2011
Ok, I have had several intex pools, but, this is our first "real walled pool", how on earth do I use the vacuum??? Where do I hook it in and what position do I put the filter on??? I'm sooooooo confused, please help??? I've been scooping out leaves, etc for days, but would love to actually use the vacuum since we have one?

Thanks! :) :hammer: :cheers:

I use the return jet to fill the hose w/water... you don't want to run a whole hose full of air through your pump. Then attach one end to your vac if you haven't already and the other goes into the skimmer. If you have a special plate to run your vacuum through the skimmer basket that is best so you don't have to empty the pump filter basket as often... if not, it's fine to take the basket out and run the hose right into the hole for the skimmer intake.

Empty your basket frequently if you have a lot of debris so you don't overwork your pump. :goodjob:

Yes, down the hole into the skimmer. You can choose to vacuum to waste, meaning the dirt and debris will be flushed out the waste line and by pass the filter, or you can vacuum with the valve in the filter position and then backwash the filter after you are finished. You will lose more water vacuuming to waste, but if you have a lot of leaves or debris it will be quicker in the long run. If you regularly have a lot of leaves in the pool look into getting a leaf canister. The canister will trap the leaves while you vacuum and you can empty it out as it fills up instead of vacuuming to waste.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.