Soundproofing Pool filter

If the pump is not installed yet (or you can remove and reinstall easily), several members have suggested putting a neoprene mat between the pump and the concrete which will cut down on vibration and noise. Outside of this, I'm thinking that you would need to enclose the pump with some sort of noise reducing material (egg crate, more neoprene, etc.).

Jason

edited to add: if you do chose to enclose, there might be some exhaust / ventilation required

If it's possible keeping the pump in a room with a door works REALLY well. :)

But seriously I have a customer that has a pump house room and it's about a 8x10 room. After running for a week there is a noticeable temperature raise that you can feel when you first open the doors. I'd say about 10-15 degrees higher than outside temperature.

Bama Rambler said:
Get a VS pump. On low speeds you'll barely even know it's running. In fact you'll probably have to feel it to know it's on.

x2

after I switched my motor to a 2-speed, I always paused and looked if I was near the pump pad because it was so quiet compared to the prior single speed :goodjob:

X-PertPool said:
If it's possible keeping the pump in a room with a door works REALLY well. :)

But seriously I have a customer that has a pump house room and it's about a 8x10 room. After running for a week there is a noticeable temperature raise that you can feel when you first open the doors. I'd say about 10-15 degrees higher than outside temperature.
The room should have a temperature controlled exhaust/ventilation fan.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.