Water Ace?

jdsapp

May 24, 2011
N. Florida
While searching ebay for a new pump I came across the brand Water Ace. Other than being a part of Pentair, I have found almost nothing on them, such as reviews or even dealers who sell them. Impellers, seals, and lids are everywhere, tho. Anyone know anything about them?

Thanks Aqua Doc! If I could further bug you? When shopping for a quality pump is there a big difference in say, a Hayward super pump and their pro series (besides their price, of course). My electric bill is usually only $80ish/month, so electrical savings aren't that big a factor.

Hey Poolguy, What little (and I mean very little) that I found was website that contained three reviews on waterace pumps. The guy stated he'd had his pump for several years and that if it was affliated with Pentair, then that was good enough for him. The other two had negative reviews, btw.

jdsapp said:
Thanks Aqua Doc! If I could further bug you? When shopping for a quality pump is there a big difference in say, a Hayward super pump and their pro series (besides their price, of course). My electric bill is usually only $80ish/month, so electrical savings aren't that big a factor.

IMO you can't beat a Super Pump. I've seen the basket slammed full of leaves and still steady pumping water. Plus for pool owners in areas that your pool collects a lot of leaves, you don't have to take the motor apart to clear the impeller. They prime on very little water. The ease of removing the pump basket lid. The large pump basket. The idiot proof design of the basket only allows it to go in one way. No handle on the basket to break. (I've seen customers remove the black handle on a Pac Fab basket not knowing it serves a purpose of keeping the basket in place and all the way on the bottom of the strainer pot) I get to their house and open the lid and the basket is floating on top and the impeller has a cup if leaves in it.

It is a piece of cake to switch most any pool pump from 240 (factory preset wiring) to 120. But I'd leave it at 240 if you can. That saves of the water bill.

And Scott, Waterway was associated with Pentair. I have a Waterway pump on on customers house that is pretty much a Whisper Flow. Same exact volute housing gasket and all. Only difference is a minor mod on the lid and pump basket.

AquaDoctorLLC said:
It is a piece of cake to switch most any pool pump from 240 (factory preset wiring) to 120. But I'd leave it at 240 if you can. That saves of the water bill.
I wouldn't bet on being able to switch voltage on a pump. Some motors are dual voltage but a lot aren't. Also I'm not sure what you mean by "That saves of the water bill" I don't see how the voltage affects how much water you use. :) However, if you meant "power bill" that's not true either. Whether you use 10 amps at 120 volts or 5 amps at 240 volts the power used, and therefore paid for, is exactly the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.