Wall fittings for Polaris 360 plumbing question

Jun 20, 2011
I got my Polaris 360 yesterday and attempted to install it via the Universal Wall Adapter that comes with the system. I'm having issues because the previous owners may or may not have used the dedicated return line to the pool for a pool cleaner in the past. I have no way of knowing. There was an eye socket connection on the return line and it's plumbed at the equipment pad with a Jandy NeverLube valve that directs water flow to that specific return.

I removed the eye socket connection by unscrewing the plastic ring but it appears the UWF requires a female connection that allows it's quick disconnect to sit inside the pool wall. What I can't figure out is if the eye socket connector is a fitting similar to the quick disconnect adapter and I'm supposed to unscrew that part from inside the pipe? After I removed the plastic ring to get the eye out I attempted to give the remaining threads a turn with my pliars but it doesn't budge and I'm worried i'll strip off the threading I will need later.

Is that socket supposed to come out? It looks like if I could get it out, the UWF adapter could take it's place. I don't want to break the seal between the pipe and the pool wall though and start an underground leak! :shock:

A typical eyeball fitting has three pieces, the outer locking ring, the aim able eyeball, and a short section of pipe threaded on the outside of both ends. The return fitting it's self will be threaded on the inside. It sounds like you haven't unscrewed the threaded piece from the return fitting.

I suspected that is what was inside but I was afraid to remove it. I felt down inside and there's some kind of lip but on the bottom it's also smooth. I'm worried it's glued in (some things on this pool seem odd like that) and I don't want to break the seal between the pool and the pipe.

How much force should it take to unscrew the inner piece? I can try wrapping a wash cloth around it so my pliars don't destroy the other threads.

Thanks,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.