Pool opening test results: help please! :)

Jun 3, 2010
Akron, Ohio
Alright, so I am still somewhat novice and confused here. But, here we go: Just did the first test on the pool water this summer and want to get it ready to swim in for my wife and toddler.

The test results were as follows:

FC 1
CC 0
TC 1
pH 6 (ish)
T/A 10-20
CH 220
CYA 60
Temp 81

What is the first step to get this all right? Can anyone help?

Specifically, what is the order of changes that should be done? From this site I have learned how to correct each one, but which should go before the other?

Also, what should my levels be set at as a goal on the calculator?

Thanks in advance! :)

TJ

First, raise TA to 60 or 70 with baking soda, give that an hour to mix in, test the PH, and then raise the PH to at least 7.2. Then get some more chlorine in there so you don't get algae.

You will want to make further adjustments once you have done that, but get that done, then give it a day, and see where you are.

JasonLion said:
First, raise TA to 60 or 70 with baking soda, give that an hour to mix in, test the PH, and then raise the PH to at least 7.2. Then get some more chlorine in there so you don't get algae.

You will want to make further adjustments once you have done that, but get that done, then give it a day, and see where you are.

Thank you! :) So, what levels should I be aiming for with FC and CC and CH and CYA?

Terry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.