Lumpy on board

Lumpy

Dec 5, 2007
Just joined after looking through your site. I will be a new pool owner shortly with lots to learn and I see plenty of info here. Great to know there is a place to find so many answers ! :-D

Hey, Lumpy, (love the name!!)

Welcome. Answers to almost everything you'll need to know about pools here. Suggest you do a lot of reading and asking questions even before your build starts.........it'll really help.

Hey Lumpy and welcome to TFP! You have come to the right place for your pool needs! We'll be waiting to see your pix this spring on the build! btw, could you talk to some of my neighbors about removing forty or so trees? It would really help! Thanks and again, welcome :)

Joyce

SeanB said:
Welcome!

So, have you made any decisions yet as to what type of pool you'll be building?

If you haven't already, be sure to sign up for the free newsletter too - see link at top of page.

Some trees coming down this week. The before and after should be pretty dramatic considering the amount I will remove. I feel a little guilty about removing so many but I have learned what a nightmare all those trees and shade would be. Some are dead and need to go anyway and the falling branches currently pose a hazard for my family.

The pool will be a free form mountain pond type with vinyl liner. I hope to put in a pool house but will see how much $ I will have to do this. Will be heated by natural gas and I also ordered a polaris 380 and sand filter. The DE filter seems a bit complicated to me and high maintenance along with costs associated with replacing the parts that are not maintained perfectly to spec.