Reboot Easytouch System??????

Jul 19, 2007
Katy, TX
My easy touch is showing No Communication. I remember the last time the pentair guy was out here he stated to reboot if this happens. I looked at my motherboard but man, there's alot of buttons and I don't know which one to push. I have a call through to PB but typically it takes a lot of time for them to get with me. Anyone out there that can help me? Thanks!

Andiejj,

Pentair Technical Support

Sanford, North Carolina (8 A.M. to 5 P.M.)
Phone: (800) 831-7133
Fax: (919) 566-8920

Moorpark, California (8 A.M. to 5 P.M.)
Phone: (800) 831-7133 (Ext. 6312)
Fax: (805) 553-5515

The following shows the reset procedure from page 42 of the EasyTouch® 8 and 4 Pool and Spa Control System. http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/EasyTouchSystemUG.pdf

Diagnostics Menu: Reset System

Reinitialize the Outdoor Control Panel. Resetting the Outdoor Control Panel will not effect the system configuration settings.

Getting There: Menu..Diagnostics..Reset System

Right button: Press the Right button to reset system. The main screen will be displayed and communication will be established with the optional EasyTouch Indoor Control Panel if installed.

I tried to copy the appropriate page from the manual, and I did an OK job, but the actual page 42 from the manual is much easier to understand.

I hope this helps.

Titanium

I thought I posted back to this thread .....hmmm wonder what I did repost to? ;).

YES!!!! My pb tried to walk me through several things and none worked. Then your post popped out like a angel :) and I followed the directions and reestablished connection. I called my Pb back (he was going to submit a work order which would have taken a week) and asked me what I had done. haha! Thanks so much and I am sorry about not posting back, really thought I had. Thanks so much!!!!

I've had my pool for about 4 months now and have had to do the reset procedure only once. A couple of weeks ago however I lost communications and nothing I could do would fix it. I tried resetting and even re-learning the wireless address but no-go. The wireless controller and base unit each looked like they were working normally but just wouldn't talk to each other. Called the PB and they ended up replacing the circuit board in the antenna. Works fine now.

My easy touch is showing No Communication. I remember the last time the pentair guy was out here he stated to reboot if this happens. I looked at my motherboard but man, there's alot of buttons and I don't know which one to push. I have a call through to PB but typically it takes a lot of time for them to get with me. Anyone out there that can help me? Thanks!

Sometimes its a simple Power Cycling that's needed. Fancy term for going to the outdoor pool panel, flipping all the breakers to off, counting to 10, then turning them back on again. It's worth a try. Fixed my No Comm problem twice so far. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.