Keeping it cool

merl

Mar 8, 2011
As we all know it has been a really hot summer. Not a great time to roll out a new pool. It can get like a giant spa. I have been airating (sp) nightly which bring my tem down to 86 or 87. But I turn the airators off at about 8 am before the sun hits them. Do you that use this method to cool keep yours on even when the sun is on the pool during the hottest part of the day or just at night. And by airators I have two thingy;s installed by the PB that when opened by way of a valve they spray upwards from the tile line, I think they are called spray jets. They work great at night, just wondering about daytime hours. I dont want it to work in reverse and super heat my already warm pool.

I've only seen small differences between day and night. When the temps. drop into the mid 70's at night it works better at night. Only small increase in evaporation running during the day. Merl it'll get better here in OCTOBER!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.