New pool owner and needs help with the levels and such

Jun 28, 2011
I am new to this sight, but have some Questions about my new Above Ground 24' round vinyl pool.
It has a sand filter, 13,000 gallons of water. Anyway I hope that I am posting this correctly. It did come with a tester, but it only test the Ph and CL-BR. Sometimes my ph is high and so is the CL then a few days later the ph is still hight but no CL. I understand that I must test for the Akalyne. I am purchasing another tester today that will have that. How do I keep the PH and CL always level? I check it every evening. Some days it is fine but we did have a lot of rain for awhile now it is extremely hot out and full of sunshine. I am guessing that the sun is taking away my Cl fast. I am purchasing some Bleach today, Baking Soda, And muratic Acid. Please Advise as to how much to add each day.
Thanks I do need some help newby of a swimming pool.
doglady

Head on over to Pool School. And don't buy any tester until you've read the article on test kits compared.

Chlorine is a consumable. It gets used up killing bacteria and oxidizing organics (like dead skin and sweat) as well as broken-down by UV rays from the sun. You will need to add daily or every other day, depending on your test results and pool usage.

Thank you so much for your replies I appreciate that very much. I am purchasing a new test kit now. As soon as I get it and my results I shall post them more accurately.
Doglady Thank you again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.