Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: It's snowing...

1. Back To Top    #1

It's snowing...

I added snow to the homepage.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Thats a neat effect, but if its gunna be below 30 here and 50mph gusts and the cars in the garage with the block heaters on, then why cant i get some snow???

Its not fair, if its gunna be cold i want snow!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Saw your subject line and thought you meant snow in Houston!!
    fun addition!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Sean, the snow on the home page is a really nice touch! Thanks!

Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Wow!! So that is what snow looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lee
    10200 gal 12x24 IG vinyl, Dual Main Drains, Sta Rite System 3 cartridge filter, 1.5 HP pump, Zodiac LM3 SWCG, Letro Platinum w/booster, Colorlogic, Spraydeck, Deck jets, Oasis 36" Arch Waterfall, custom built BBQ island

6. Back To Top    #6
    TFP Guide

In the Industry

LOL..thats not snow..this is

This just happened today...grrrrr
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Back To Top    #7
    WOW!!! Thanks for sharing. That definitely helps get me in the Christmas mood. We don't get to see much of that down south. We get the rain end of it. Occasionally the white flurries but nothing close to that amount. Thanks again.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

8. Back To Top    #8
    You mean there are TFP'rs out there not swimming?

Wow, I must be spoiled, my water temp is 82deg with just a solar blanket.

But that is about to change pretty quick soon.
    20x40 24,000 gal IG plaster/CircuPool RJ45 SWG/2 skimmer/2sp 2.5hp Jandy Stealth/340sq ft cart filter/600sqftHeliocol Solar Panels/6ft semi circlr tanning ledge/25ft deep end bench/5ft sheer descent/2 lion head water features/1300sqft travertine paver/2 Colorlogic lights/Hayward Navigator/3step 2ft raised bond beam

9. Back To Top    #9
    We also got snow last night, but it is melty already, as it tends to do here. Then the temps will probably drop tonight, and we will have ice tomorrow. Usually by the 3rd day, it is gone. This snow was very wet... even the stuff on the grass is just slush underneath.
    My dog has been hysterical with it... sliding all over the deck chasing it!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

10. Back To Top    #10

it's snowing in Central Virginia right now - not really sticking, but oh this Canadian is loving it!
    18 ft.52" Round Atrium AG -7600 gallons, Sand Filter, Vinyl liner, Royal Entrance Steps, 80 lbs.solarsalt

11. Back To Top    #11
    really your getting snow only about 2 hours away from me.

btw pool adict i dont know your back yard layout, but i garenteed if i did go out there i would fall in your pool

12. Back To Top    #12
    TFP Guide

In the Industry

LOL..the whole backyard is closed for winter, but I guarantee that deck is slippery as you know what.

13. Back To Top    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by pooladdict
    LOL..the whole backyard is closed for winter, but I guarantee that deck is slippery as you know what.
    Wow, Pooladdict, you took Sean's "snow on the homepage" really seriously! How do you find your car? .... ..can't judge by some of us southerners.....but, I don't even like to drive in the rain and the snow??????????...well,...let's just say that I have trouble with lots of rain . Keep the home fires burning and stay warm! Happy holidays to you and yours!

Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

14. Back To Top    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by jjparrish
    Quote Originally Posted by pooladdict
    Wow, Pooladdict, you took Sean's "snow on the homepage" really seriously! How do you find your car? .... ..can't judge by some of us southerners.....but, I don't even like to drive in the rain and the snow??????????...well,...let's just say that I have trouble with lots of rain . Keep the home fires burning and stay warm! Happy holidays to you and yours!

Joyce
    i hate it, but my son loves it and has never seen how his yukon can handle snow, so when it does snow here, he is driving me every ware i need.