Guinness418

Jul 1, 2011
Boardman Ohio
Hello all!

I have been a lurker since buying my house with a in ground pool and decided to sign up! I live in NE Ohio and never really grew up around pools at all. I am probably the definition of complete pool newbie. My house was previously owned by a family that owns an area pool company. They basically lied to me and my list of issues with them seems to be never ending. I took down 4 pages of notes in a notebook when I bought the house and basically between this site and other people that actually worked for the guy (including his son!) have crossed off about all of it as completely not true or lies. I had the liner replaced, new pump, new sand filter, new skimmer and las week had a new return line put in (last year it came disconnected from the pool). In the time since the return line came disconnected me and my wife had 2 daughters and had a cover rip, which made us purchase a safety cover, so we had a year and a half year old swamp. Finally had enough budget to get the return line completely replaced and have turned my swamp into a pool again with the posts and pool school on this site. Thanks for all the help and I hope to contribute to the community!

-Jim