cloudy water

Oct 24, 2010
Cocoa, Florida
I am having trouble with cloudy water.

FC 5
CC 0
PH 7.6
CYA 30

Several weeks ago we had what appeared to be an alge bloom with a green dusty material on the pool bottom. Our test results showed normal numbers(FC 5, CC 0).

We took the pool to shock level of 16 and held it there for 4 1/2 days (until we stopped having an FC drop over night). We cleaned the filter using the dish washer detergent and acid method from this site and everything was good for about 4 days.

Slowly we saw a build up of the same green dusty material and everytime we sweep the pool we get cloudy water for 1 to 2 days. This whole time our test numbers continue to show good FC, CC and PH numbers. I have even taken sample to pool store and their test numbers match mine. The pool has had almost no use (mother-in law sick with cancer so focus is elsewhere) and no rain during this time frame.

Any ideas as to what this might be and how to solve it? I joined this site because of the great information available and the many people who make the effort to help.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.