pentair automation

ABQ_Pool

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 31, 2011
Chandler, AZ
Currently in the middle of our inground pool build. We are installing a Pentair IntelliFlo pump, IC-40 SWCG, a Pentair cartridge filter and an IntelliBrite light. I'm thinking about purchasing a automation system, but don't know if my relatively simple setup (no solar, no heater, no spa, etc.) would warrant the extra cost. I've read on this forum that it's smart to get pentair automation with the IC-40 since it's only adjustable in 20% increments. I was looking at the EasyTouch 4P and wanted to know is this was right-sized for our setup.

The only thing that might change over the years is addition of a heat source (gas or solar).

Thanks for the help!
Jason

With a setup that simple, I would look at the SunTouch, which is much less expensive than the EasyTouch. Getting either automation system will give you better control over the SWG, allow you to synchronize the pump and SWG, and if you get a remote allow you to control the pool light remotely. If you eventually get solar, the SunTouch will be well worth it, as it can also control the solar system. If you don't get the solar system automation isn't as obviously worth the extra expense but is still nice to have.

Jason, with an Easy Touch and coupled with intelliflo or 2 speed Pentair do you still need intellicomm II to talk to the pumps? Or does the Easy Touch have it built in? Thinking about going this route myself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.