Broke off return eyeball

Oct 25, 2010
Temecula, CA
In an effort to fix one of my returns, I accidently broke off the piece completely. There is still some part of the piece stuck in the pipe. Any recommendations for getting the remaining piece out easily and, in the meantime, is there any reason I cannot run the pump? It's not going to do any damage until I can repair this, I hope?

Thanks!
Anne

The part around it broke. The only way I was able to move the eyeball was to loosen the bigger piece around it. I was playing around trying to get the eyeball in the right position, then tightening the piece that holds it in place and the whole thing came off in my hand. :( I stuck my finger in the return and it feels like there might be leftover pipe stuck in there that might be able to be unthreaded but I can't tell.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had one broke like that for years never could get it loose with brute force. Finally this year, with the water level below the level of the discharge I used a dremel tool to cut down just to the first sign of the threads. Cut in three places then it popped right out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.