new liner

RBLAKE

Jul 3, 2011
First post - just purchased a used esther williams pool. made the first mistake by trying to reinstall the original liner. tried to purchase a new one but they cannot change the bead over to fit the channel for a esther williams pool.

my question is, can i just get rid of the top channel and use a overlap liner, or purchase a new j channel and purchase a liner for that type. It seems that the esher williams liner is not readily available. I am getting 2-3 week delivery times and summer will be over.

We bought an Esther Wiliams used also! Like idk 2 months ago. It's a 27' x 52". We ran into some of the same problems. We bought a unibead, then pulled off the jbead part and hung it on our bead receiver. It worked perfect! And after much back and forth about overlap verses beaded...I'm really really glad we did it this way, for the ease of installation of the liner. If you have any questions feel free to ask, this was a huge learning experience! Good luck and let us know what you go with! :cheers:

what is easier to install, a bead or over lap? . i thought that the esther liner has a deep bead. i would thind the over lap would be easier than hoping the bead will stay in the original channel.

I have never installed an overlap, but, from seeing pics and videos I cannot imagine the overlap to be easier. The unibead was very easy, we did the entire pool by ourselves. The guys on here are very informative and very helpful! The bead hung on our bead receiver very easily! Perfect fit:) I wish I could have found someone on here to tell me it would be that easy, so I wouldn't have stressed so bad. But, all turned out great! And, like you, I kept thinking I would just do the overlap, now, I VERY glad I didn't, this way we don't have to take the entire top back off to ever change the liner:). What size and type is your pool? And, where are you located?

I got mine from nationalpoolwholesalers.com, I have a 27' x 52" and got the cascade for like 272.00 with free s&h it came in like 4 days fedex. It has been great! I found the website on here, fom someone elses recommendation. It was the cheapest for that style I could find anywhere! I live in Va, their warehouse is in Fl. So, very close for shipping. Good luck!!!

Hi I too have a Ester Williams eldorado pool 21' ropound with 52" walls. I am looking to replace the liner also. From looking at the online post, i should save some money and just buy a regurlar beaded liner?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.