Do all return jetss in inground pool push out water?

Jul 3, 2011
We just had a new gunite pool inground pool installed with pebble tec finish. My pool installer is a real beauty and a scam artist. Ive had nothing but problems with him. I need to know the truth if anyone can help me since he left me no brochures on any of our products. I have a hayward filter which he told me must run consistently for 4 weeks without stopping. The salt water filter (tcell) he told me had to wait for 4 weeks to install that (saying it will ruin my pebble tec). Lo and behold he finally came back and installed the tcell and told me to run the filter another 4 weeks non stop. But there is one other thing that im questioning in my head and he told me it was normal. We have 4 or 5 outlets that the filtered water comes out (i suppose they're called jets) well 3 out of the 5 jets the water is barely pushing out 1 of the jets the water comes out with some force and then the last jet nothing at all is coming out. The Jack*** tells me thats normal that you have one jet that the water is not suppose to come out of I ve been in my share of inground pools and Ive never noticed but every jet that ive been in front of has a lot of water pressure . Is there suppose to be a jet that doesnt push water out at all? Should they all have equal water pressure (most of them it barely comes out one has good pressure) We have let the air out of the filter??? And the filter has been backwashed...Could someone with some knowledge of this please help me out this guy is really shady thanks

Re: HELP!

Let's see: Yes and Yes would be my answer and recommendation.

Yes to the eyeballs. Adding eyeballs may actually help your situation is your other post: do-all-return-jetss-in-inground-pool-push-out-water-t35288.html

By adding eyeballs to all the returns, you will create back-pressure that will cause the flow (to hopefully) even out amongst the other jets (returns). Of course, if there is debris or other blockage, then eyeballs will not help the situation.

And yes, I would recommend contacting your pool builder about the eyeballs. Just in case, please see this thread for "cheap" eyeballs: 1-5-pvc-fittings-cheaper-than-oem-equip-some-lessons-learned-t35286.html the recommendation is at the end of the first (original) post.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Also, you may have some valves on the equipment pad to control the flow to some of the returns. Post a picture and maybe we can help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.