fresh build slow fill ... when should I begin to add chems?

FastCougar

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2011
Eastern Panhandle of WV
I have some bleach handy for my new pool, but the fill is taking forever ... 16K-17K gallons is going to take 3 days minimum ... should I begin to add chemicals? I should have the skimmer installed tomorrow, so I will be in the water and can broadcast it pretty well ... thoughts???

Re: fresh build slow fill ... when should I begin to add che

I think I would wait until the pumps is up and running before I added anything. You will need to add CYA and chlorine and I would want the water circulating before I added those things. I guess you could add some chlorine now provided you could get it circulated through ot the pool well enough but the affects would be short lived without any CYA in there.

Re: fresh build slow fill ... when should I begin to add che

I put in some chems when the pool is about one quarter full - but pre-dissolved in a bucket because the water is rather shallow at this point. It seems better than just letting the water stagnate until it's up to the skimmer, which is about three days for me as well. I use dichlor on start-up so that I get a little CYA into the water too. But other people probably do different things.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.