Raypak heater ( can't get to pilot positon)

Butch

Jun 26, 2008
Happy 4th too all!
So I decided to finally light the pilot on the heater so we could warm up the spa.
Little problem with that, the knob will maybe only go half way to the pilot position.
I had to work it back and forth a few time to get it to go that far. I'm good at forcing things
and that usually ends up bad. So what do you guys think? Is there something that is maybe gummed up
or might the control be bad? Yes the gas was on as I was doing this.. `smile`
Thanks in advance.
B

You have to push down a little bit and twist.

[edit]Different valves have different ways to change settings. Some valves don't need to be pushed down. Either way, the knob should never be forced, and tools, such as pliers, should not be used. [end edit]

Well it looks like the valve maybe bad.
So I have the following part numbers; The manual has 7000 derhc and crossing
a number on a yellow sticker I get a 7000 bmvr-s7c-lp. Does this look right to the experts out there?
The heater is a Raypak P-R335A-MP. I can really use some help here guys..
There doesn't seem to be many hits when I Google either of the numbers.. Recommendations
on where I can get one would help greatly also..
Thanks in advance.
Butch

I think that this might be the gas valve that you need. I think that it is a Honeywell 600864.

You can check the Installation and Operating Instructions here.

To be sure, you could contact Raypak here to verify the correct valve and where to purchase.

Also, your signature indicates a 450K BTU heater, which does not correspond to the model number.

I think that your valve is a Robertshaw Gas Valve #7000 BMVR-S7C made by Robertshaw. I think that it is the equivalent to the Honeywell. Both manufacturers make gas valves for pool heaters.

Robertshaw did have a recall on that or similar valves, so that could be why the Honeywell is being listed as the replacement.

Raypak should be able to tell you for sure which valve is the correct replacement.

Raypak came back with a part number of 003899F.
Got many hits on that number, prices vary from $186.00 to way freaking high.
Pool Supply Unlimited seemed to have the best price, though I never dealt with them before.
Thanks again for your help.
b

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.