What about chlorine gas?

Not too much here on chlorine gas as TFP is mainly a consumer learning forum and chlorine gas systems are typically reserved for large, commercial pool operations.

Bama Rambler said:
For a pool your size I recommend liquid injection. It's easy to do.
Is there any particular reason you want gas?

No.... just exploring all options. I see you all are big on the BBB method and thats cool, but i travel a lot and can only service my pool once a week or so. So bottom line I wont be able to add a little bleach every night. I asked about cal-hypo in another thread and that got shot down pretty quickly. [calcium hardness]

Cl gas requires a number of safety precautions. Most towns won't let you do it except under very controlled conditions that would not be economically reasonable for a residential pool. Cl gas is highly toxic. Imagine what an accidental leak from a full bottle would do.

Scott

With a SWG the chlorine gas never leaves the SWG cell. With conventional chlorine gas you have a chlorine gas tank, which can leak. Chlorine gas has gotten less popular with commercial pools over the years because chlorine gas leaks can kill people while liquid chlorine leaks are a mess but don't generally kill people.

michael89156, a SWG, or Liquidator, or bleach pump will all meet your requirements for less money and far more safely than a chlorine gas system.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you can only visit your pool once a week why not consider a dosing pump with a large container filled with Bleach/chlorine in. You can then set up the pump to dose small amounts direct into the return pipe whilst the pumps are running. It is a method I have been using on many pools for some time now and believe it or not your chlorine requirement with be approximately half that if you were to manually dose so it won't take too long for the dosing pump to pay for itself.

100,000 litre pool used to be manually dosed daily with 10 litres of 15% Chlorine... Same time of year but with dosing pump the pool now requires 5 litres per day and the FC level stays around 5 - 8 PPM all day long dependant upon bather load.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.