Bromine spa/Chlorine pool - cross contamination

Sep 23, 2009
I've been doing a lot of pondering since it's pretty slow here at work today. I have a new spa that we've been running for a few weeks now, with bromine as the sanitizer. I also have a pool that I'm running the BBB method on. I learned the hard way that it's not good to add bromine water to a chlorine pool (ie: put hot tub water into pool) because it'll eat up your chlorine, etc, etc. Does this extend to having to worry about carrying hot tub water into the pool when we switch from one to the other? It's not like we're doing it ALL the time or anything, but now that we're getting the hang of having the tub around, we do like to have a soak followed by a cool-down in the pool. Is this something I need to be concerned about, or will the minimal amounts of 'brominated' (?) water that a person would carry into the pool be inconsequential?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.