Conversion Surprise

The bac was fine for the first years...but it became more and more work and took more and more chemicals. Each year they ( Pool company ) had a new " something" to add. Then they changed the names, no more Check 50, it had another name....and then CDX which was another 4 gals. a month....and the pool just would not clear up....then when the pink water mold hit...Bacquacil offered nothing and I had to use a product called "Assist", which I'm sure was chlorine based. I used that twice then they took it off the market and you couldn't buy it. Last year when the white water mold hit, it was terrible and I fought it all year and closed the pool still fighting it. This year I found " Pink Treat" of which I used 12 lbs. over a three week period and each time I'd just blow debris out of my lines and the pool just got worse and worse...so that's when I found this website and of course the rest is history.

Congratulations, Wow 20 years of Baqua that must gave cost more than the pool. I'm sure your baqua supplier will miss you, TFP just cut into thier vacation fund.

Keep up the good work. It only gets easier. As you learn your pools needs you will test less. If the bleach becomes cumbersome consider a SWCG. Much cheaper than baqua.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.