Problem with Autopilot

Dec 5, 2007
NW Georgia
Went out to check the pool this morning and I notice that the red ligth was flashing on my autopilot. It was giving me a check flow/clean cell warning, so I took it a part the strainer was clean and the cell looks good. After putting it back together it now is giving a purifier off/check flow warning. Its showing 0 voltage, so what do I need to do. Do you think the cell is shoot. Its a sc60 cell thats 4yrs old. Up until this point I havn't had many problems with this system.

Check flow has to do with the flow sensor, part of the trisensor assembly. It has nothing to do with the cell.

There are three possibilities. There might actually be low flow, perhaps the filter needs to be cleaned, or the skimmer or pump strainer basket is clogged. Check the return jets and see if they are flowing well. If they aren't there is probably a problem with the filter or a clog somewhere.

Or it might be a problem with the trisensor cable, check the cable and make sure it isn't cut or damaged. Also double check the connection to the main unit and make sure it is fully plugged in.

Finally, it could be the flow sensor it's self. There are a couple of steps you can take to test the flow sensor, but they require some effort. If the flow sensor is damaged, it can be replaced.

Ok I haven't post on the problem lately so heres the run down. I still need some help form someone who has experience with the Autopilot. I call a service tech that was listed on the autopilot website from atlanta. The guy drove to my house which is 70 miles away from atlanta, check out the Autopilot. He told me that the cell was bad and that I'd need to replace it. He put a new flow senser in and it did change the problem so my senser is good. Well I ordered an new cell at a cost of $600 installed it and what do you know it did fix the problem. So I have a knew cell that I didnt need. So heres what it reads now on the Autopilot read out. Its flashing low voltage. I checked the voltage and it reads out at 7 volts and 1.4 amps. I think that the board is bad but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.