how to add baking soda or borax

I'm just educating myself so I'll know how to do this once I'm sure my current algae nightmare is cleared up....

so when I need to add baking soda or borax, how do I add it and where? Deep or shallow end? just dump it in the water? put it in through the skimmer?

Trying to figure it all out!
Thanks!

You have turned into a full-time student! :study: It won't be long before you are out here helping newbies with their pools! :-D

You can learn about the chems and ways to add them to the pool water in Pool School here:
pool-school/recommended_pool_chemicals

Also, since you have an SWG, I doubt you will need to add baking soda (to increase TA) or Borax (to increase pH).
Usually, with an SWG, the opposite happens and you are using MA to lower them!

Kimmisue said:
Thanks Butterfly! I already bought some Borax so I guess I'll look into the other uses for it! ha!! Thanks for the responses..... where do you get muriatic acid other than the pool store?
Lowes, HD, hardware stores....sometimes in the paint section, sometimes pool section, sometimes outdoor section :? You might want to ask or plan on doin' some walking :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.