I need a timer or a different CompuPool model ... help!

FastCougar

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2011
Eastern Panhandle of WV
I recently purchased a CPSC36 for my 27' AGP because it's more than double the capacity based on volume and the pool sits in direct sunlight. This is a fresh build (currently filling with water) and I was hoping to wire everything up, but to my dismay a few days ago I discovered I got the wrong model. I got the inground unit pre-wired for 220v, but doens't have the pump plugin/timer functionality of their above ground unit. I called CompuPool and they were excellent with me on the phone. We walked through some different options and it looked like they were going to send out a replacement panel unit. I then got a call the following morning from another customer service person at CompuPool and they informed me that the CPSC36 is no longer made for AGP with the built in pump timer, but that the CPSC24 would work for my needs as it still has the pump plug & timer. However, I went back to my vendor and they want to charge me a 15% restocking fee (bough on eBay), which ... you guessed it ... cost a little more than the difference between the two unit after you include my return shipping costs. So, I have 3 options as I see it ... get a timer/controller, eat the loss and overpay $100 on a CPSC24, or sell this unit and buy a CPSC24. BTW, I'd love to sell this on here, but don't see a classifieds section. What would you do?

You can post non-commerical sales in the Coffee Bar area. Please ask people to contact you via PM and post when the item is no longer available.

You should be able to reconfigure the unit for 120 volts and add an external timer that controls both the pump and the SWG. If you can figure that out, it is probably your best choice.

FastCougar,

I don't know if this helps or not but, I just bought the CPSC36 myself and while browsing the manual I saw it has an internal or external timer option. Meaning the unit can power itself on and off, or it can be operated by an external pump timer. (Manual page 5, #7)

Also on page 9 of the manual, it says you can change the unit to a 120VAC by moving some jumpers around.

CPSC36 Manual

Thanks WestSide ... I just didn't want to spend any more money on a timer if the CPSC24 has the pump plug and timer built-in. So, I'm going to sell this unit (brand new, only opened to inspect) for a small loss instead of taking a 15% restocking hit from the vendor ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.