Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Homeade stirrer

1. Back To Top    #1

Homeade stirrer

I split this post from the review of the Apollo Stirrer.
    SeanB

For a more inexpensive and innovative stirrer you might check out this URL:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Magnetic-Stirrer/
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.

2. Back To Top    #2

dschlic,
    Love the homemade version!! I am gonna give it a try. I have all the parts already.

lovinghdtv,
    Thanks for the review. I also was hoping to see the chocolate in the milk. We go through more chocolate milk than you would believe in our house.
    Dave
    -------
    Our pool-
    20x40 Free Form Gunite (3'-8'), 26,000 G, AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generator SC-48, Aqua blue pebble sheen, Textured Sundek, Pentair Easy touch with remote control, 1hp Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump, Max-E- Therm heater 333k BTU, System 3 Mod Media Cartridge filter, and Polaris 380 cleaner with booster pump

3. Back To Top    #3

I saw this and had to give it a try.

Using a 28.8 modem to connect to TFP? Not likely.

Using it to test the pool water:

Inside the modem:

This took just a few hours to build. Most of the time was spent cannibalizing 4 different hard drives and tweaking the unit for best performance. Since I didn't have a potentiometer on hand, the motor was running at full speed with a 12v power supply. This was causing havoc with just about everything. When I moved down to a 6v supply, it behaved much better. Seeing how well it works, I may take a trip to Fry's and get a potentiometer to put in there. The ability to adjust the speed will be nice.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.