Spa overflow problems

Jul 2, 2011
I don't have the specs on my pool with me right now, sorry about that, but my issue is that earlier today I turned off the pump and cleaned the pump basket out. Put water in the pump, water was still below the hole though, put the lid on and fired it up. The skimmer took a minute before it started to work but the spa overflow stopped working entirely.
Any thoughts?

Welcome to TFP!!

That sounds about right for the suction. The spa overflow may take a little longer - especially if it had backflowed to the pool level, turning on the pool will help refill it. I'm thinking that the missing spa water is in the pool and running the pump will fix things. :-D

If you want this to stop happening, a check valve will solve the issue.

Thanks for the welcoming!

I have a check valve and so far its staying in place it just was not giving the whole waterfall effect. It stopped flowing over into the pool. Is it possible that it lost some pressure to push the water over?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.