how do you use a skimmer vacuum?

May 17, 2009
Jasper, TN
This is probably a silly question. But I got my pool used and have no instructions. Plus I didn't need it at the time.... but how do you hook up the cheap basic vacuum that comes with some pools?

I have a skimmer plate and hoses. I don't have the actual vacuum head but can get one. How does it all connect? I can't figure out how a vacuum can pull from the plate on a skimmer?

My Pool Rover Jr is dead right now and need a backup in the mean time to get the little stuff off the bottom.

Buy a vac head adn you should be good.

Do you have the right angle adapter or straight vac plate?

Remove the skimmer cover and the vac plate goes into the skimmer on top of the basket. Then fill the hose with water and it goes onto the nozzle on the vac plate. Then start the pump and you're off vacuuming. If you have the straight plate the hose drapes over the top rail, and if you have the angled one the hose goes through the mouth of the skimmer. You'll have to flip the weir toward the pool to get the hose into the plate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.