final question

Yes!

I went on vacation and was away for I think 9 days. I had the auto fill off, and I also had the main drain diverter out of the skimmer. When I came back, water was barely getting into the skimmer if at all. The pump was cycling itself off and on due to the priming alarm. I don't know how long this was going on. Maybe all day at the most 2 days? I got the water level back in order and it's still working fine.

The VF pump will shut itself off if it doesn't prime. If it's scheduled to come on, it will try again in 15 minutes or so.

Also, with this pump you can set the GPM to exactly what you want and it will increase the speed if need be to hold it there. With a VS, you set the speed, and as the filter gets clogged, the flow will reduce since the speed stays the same.

How many times have you heard people ask to calculate how many GPM their pump is flowing?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.