Weekly chems

artd

Jun 7, 2008
new jersey
New owner, swg pool. Are there regular chemical additions such as algaecides or clarifiers that should be a regular part of maintenance? Say a few oz per week?

Numbers good but should I add something to prevent something...

29,500 unite, swg, spa, cartridge, Polaris 380

Also, any issue of salt loss over winter with a mesh cover?

Thanks

With an swg I would have at least...

a good test kit
chlorine for the occasional additions (I bump up chlorine sometimes after a high bather load)
Muriatic acid -swg pools will occasionally creep up in ph
salt... whatever is required for your swg

No algaecide or clarifiers ... If you manage your levels correctly you shouldn't ever need them.

Algaecides and clarifiers are not "regular chemical" and are not needed.
"Numbers good" does not tell us anything useful. What are the numbers?

Here is some additional information on Salt systems:
pool-school/water_balance_saltwater_generator

The salt won't evaporate over the Winter, but draining and replacing with rain water or fresh water can lower the saltinity.
The optimum level of salt for the Aquarite salt system is 3200 but will operate from 2800 to 3400. The LCD display on the Aqualogic should show the salt concentration.

PSG

My numbers fall into parameters of swg water specs. I am on that all week. I do add muriatic acid daily as ph is a constant fight to keep down, other than that and keeping cya up to specs I haven't needed to do much else.

Someone told me solid is the way to go vs a quality mesh due to the need to add salt each opening to to rainwater. Thanks for comments...

Doesn't look like you need to add anything to that pool but people! :mrgreen:

I'd probably keep a bag of salt and a jug or two of bleach on hand. You won't need anything weekly but you want to have a little salt and bleach on hand to handle any issues that arise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.