My Big Adventure!

midtngal

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 26, 2007
Nashville, TN
Well, thought I would post my "Big Dig"! It has been a very slow process. I can only hope at this point it will be done by Spring! :shock: Gordo0217, I so jealous of how fast your PB worked! You had more done in one day than I've had done in 6 weeks!

Looking good there.

One word of advice if your builder is going slow could be one of two reasons, he's really good and very busy. The alternative is they are struggling financially and hurting to get pools finished. Be sure to call frequently and try to get them to stick to a schedule.

Not much you can do if they don't except to not pay them, but keep a log of communication just in case.

Eric

Thanks Ehorn! I think the former is the case. I have seen 2 pools he has done and they are beautiful! With it being this time of year, it's kind of hard to get on him since it will only be closed once it's done. It couldn't *dare* be the control-freak in me, could it?? :) I only worry about having the liner installed at this temperature (50's for now with 40's not too far away) as well as the concrete poured. He's been doing this for 30 years, so I guess I have to trust him! He just doesn't know how glad he is that it's not Spring!! :lol:

The common thread we all share....."frustration".... at some point during the build. Hang in there and keep posting pics and your progress (adventure).

Your pool is looking great so far. Will there be steps down from the house to the pool? I notice the grade difference.

DLSDO, thanks for the support. I try to remind myself that it WILL get done and I'll be swimming next summer! Yes, there will be a retaining wall and steps right below the sunroom and patio. I will be doing that if he'll ever get the grading done! I really didn't want to be out there is 12 degree weather doing it either, but that appears to be exactly what I'll be doing. :(

DLSO....that was exactly the plan!! I didn't want to have to deal with all this mess AND April showers and have this go on all summer. So, yes, at least that part of the plan is coming together!! :goodjob:

The Big Adventure has progress!!

Well, finally some progress to show! I'm getting excited now that it looks like it *will* be finished!

I'm pretty proud of that wall! I did it along with help for the heavy ones...and boy are they heavy!! :shock:

Hopefully the decking (just plain ole concrete) will get poured soon.

Woo Hoo!! :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.