New pool- winter care?

DLSDO

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 27, 2007
Midwest
New pool constructed ~ 1 month ago now closed for winter...partial drain, antifreeze, algeacide, loop loc cover..etc.. due to Midwestern U.S freezing temps.

Now that the pool is closed what do I do about the pH issues related to new pool plaster curing? Just prior to close I had "tuned" everything. I had been adding alot of acid the first few weeks after construction was completed but the rise in pH was much slower the week or so before closing. Do I still need to be testing the water and adding acid? Or is this not a real concern? Any other winter maintenance suggestions?

Thanks,

As Mike said, don't do it. Muriatic Acid is quite a bit denser than water, and it will settle to the bottom of the pool. It will take at least several hours to mix with the water, and during that time it will be in contact with the pool surface.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.