Jandy Never Lube valves

Butcher

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 13, 2010
OK, I was working on the plumbing when I realized that the Jandy two and three way valves have an "IN" marked on them. Some of the valves I did correctly and some I got reversed. The three way valves on the return header (manifold) are the right way but the ones on the suction side have the "IN" towards the pump which is sucking in water(was the only way to do them). I also have the two way valves about half the correct way and half the wrong way.

How critical is this? I can't see what the difference is.

Thanks in advance,

You're fine. You'll note that there would be no way to get the valve "correct" on the 3 ways on the suction side.

The 2 ways - I guess there is a theoretical pressure where having them backwards creates stress on the gate - I doubt your pool pump is gonna get there.

lightingguy said:
You're fine. You'll note that there would be no way to get the valve "correct" on the 3 ways on the suction side.

The 2 ways - I guess there is a theoretical pressure where having them backwards creates stress on the gate - I doubt your pool pump is gonna get there.

Thanks,
I went back and looked at the two way valves and I see what you mean about swinging the gate against the flow. I guess if it ever breaks I will have to replace it but I agree, I don't think it will.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.