LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2011
Northern Maryland (near Delaware)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Season 2 of my pool, using BBB at this point, or at least BB (no Borax yet).

Anyway I see many references to Intex SWG's, I am really unsure of What I see on the Intex Site vs BJ's Krystal klear vs Leslies Deluxe A/G.

Are these adequate for a 15X30 A/G that is open May-Sept?
I see no references to Cell Replacements.

Now I don't mind spending a little extra to get something that is more reliable and is servicable.

Next,
Electrical, I have a single outlet (twistlock) for my 1 speed pump hooked to a timer that is wired in. Do most SWG's have their own timers and cycle the pump or would I need a second outlet? My county is strict on homeowners doing work around pools and I had an electrician do the hookup because I have an aqualuminator and according to code I had to run shielded cable back to fuse box and the aqualuminator cord had to be less than 5 or 6'. And I was inspected 3 times (neighbors called). But all is in order, but I am trying to minimize costs and understand if I would need a second outlet or if I could bypass the timer mode via switch and keep the outlet hot and use a SWG timer?

I would consider other brands too or just stick with BBB, my pool dealer has one for like 1200, he believes bigger is better so it works less. And local pool supply is against SWG since they say not many folks use them. I am mixed at this point.

The Intex is by far the least expensive. When it wears out you just replace the entire unit. The Intex needs it's own standard outlet and has its own timer which does not control the pump.

For something better, the next one worth considering is something like the AquaTrol, much more expensive and with several additional features. The AquaTrol has replaceable cells, has a timer which does control the pump, works with your existing twist lock outlet (pump plugs into the AquaTrol), and is all around better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.