to plugg or not to plugg the extra smimmer

Jan 3, 2010
Claremont california
Hello Friends,

I am about to update my plumbing to install my new pentair variable speed pump. I going from 1.5 to 2 inches above ground only.

I have a question regarding one of my two skimmer. Since my space is very tight, I am planning in plugging one of the two skimmers to make my piping job cleaner. Will I be at a disadvantage by eliminating the extra skimmer?

Please advice,

George

I'd think you are going to end up with a skimmer full of stagnant water that will be a mess.

I can't picture a way that plugging a skimmer would help with the plumbing. Do they both run all the way to the pump? Do you have a drain? Maybe if you could post a picture of your plumbing or a drawing it would help.

JohnT said:
I'd think you are going to end up with a skimmer full of stagnant water that will be a mess.

I can't picture a way that plugging a skimmer would help with the plumbing. Do they both run all the way to the pump? Do you have a drain? Maybe if you could post a picture of your plumbing or a drawing it would help.

Thanks for getting back to me so fast.

I am including an image of the current state of my plumbing. I also including an image of what I had in mind. Please advice if my design is good. In the image with the manifolds, there was a little mistake with the labeling of the direction of the flow. I am using the idea of the manifold connections only for reference.

Please advice,
George

The pictures seem backwards. The first picture has the skimmer connection, and the second being near the filter would probably be the return connection.

JohnT said:
The pictures seem backwards. The first picture has the skimmer connection, and the second being near the filter would probably be the return connection.

Thanks for getting back to me,

the first picture with the d.e. filter is my current connection. The three low copper pipes sticking out with the male fitting are coming from the pool and go to the pump. The two high copper pipes are the lines going to the pool.

George

waste said:
I would not abandon a functional line. If you need help 'tightening up' the plumbing with it still attached, I'll help. :)

Thanks,

I do need help. First, is the manifold connection optimal for connecting the suction? Second, is there are any suggestions for my present set up of two skimmers and one spa drain?

Please advice,
George

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.