advice about variable speed pump

Jul 16, 2007
My electric company will give a $600 rebate for a new pool pump. I am pasting the blurb from their web site. I am thoroughly confused. The intelliflo VS 3050 I can find for about $900 bucks but it says it needs a controller. If you guys can give me some advice here I sure would apreciate it. There are too many options. I want to save some money but I am trying to minimize the intial cost and get a pump I can trust.
Agin I thak you ahead of time.

All pool pump and motors must meet certain requirements. Here are some accepted models:
Hayward EcoStar - SP3400VSP
Hayward EcoStar SVRS - SP3400VSPVR
Hybrid Pumps LLC Hemi - X2 or X3
Intelliflo VS-3050, model number 11013
Jandy ePump - JEP1.5 or JEP2.0
Pentair IntelliFlo VF - 11012
Pentair IntelliFlo VS + SVRS - 11017
Pentair IntelliFlo VS - 11018
Sta-Rite IntelliFlo VS + SVRS - P6E6XS4H209L
Two-speed pumps, pond, spa, pool cleaner/booster, and water feature pumps do not qualify.
Prior to payment of incentive, the following conditions must be met:

The new version of the Pentair IntelliFlo VS-AU 11018 should qualify without a separate controller. This model is replacing the VS3050 for the same price, but includes a timer that can change pump speeds. The older VS3050 has been discontinued, but is still available a few places.

Thanks Jason. I ordered the pump as soon as I looked at the specs and price. I was having a really hard time trying to break the code on external controllers and keep the cost down. I love this site. I am always able to get a straight answer really quick.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.